- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Introduces fundamentals of traffic engineering with particular reference to the urban scene. Topics include movement and storage of vehicles on road systems, driver, vehicle and traffic stream characteristics, highway and intersection capacity, intersection and parking layout, data collection techniques and traffic control.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of CIVL 2151 for the Winter 2024 term.
Thu Jan 04 - Thu Mar 21 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 85387
- Domestic fees $797.17International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 04 - Mar 21||Thu||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby SW03 Rm. 2675|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Trafficware Synchro software is provided to students on the classroom computers during the class duration. For more info please visit: commons.bcit.ca/civiltech/
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Conduct numerous traffic observational studies.
- Prepare traffic control design schemes.
- Prepare traffic signal timing plans.
- Determine the capacity and level of service of a roadway or intersection.
- Determine the expected traffic impacts from land development.
- Analyze historical crash information to identify safety problems.
- Understand elements of geometric design for roadways and intersections.
- Present their findings and proposed solutions in brief oral presentations or in written
Effective as of Fall 2013
Introduction to Urban Traffic Engineering (CIVL 2151) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Introduction to Urban Traffic Engineering (CIVL 2151)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.