Designed to provide an overview of all aspects of commerce and opportunity on the Internet. Topics include marketing products on the Internet, systems integration, virtual organizations, electronic payment systems, privacy and security concerns, intellectual property, customs and excise issues, emerging issues in telecommunications, and Internet issues where government regulation has been contemplated.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of BUSA 3455 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Tue Apr 18 - Sat Jul 08 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 28618
Class meeting times
|Apr 18 - Jul 08||N/A||N/A||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Students must submit email address when registering. To be successful in our online courses, plan to spend 7-10 hours per course each week on your studies, starting Week 1. Our courses are paced and highly interactive with participation requirements weekly. Frequent contributions to asynchronous (not real time) online discussions is required to achieve a passing final grade. Is online learning for you? Please take a look at our FAQ pages www.bcit.ca/distance/faq.shtml and www.bcit.ca/distance/foryou.shtml
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain eBusiness and eCommerce concepts and technologies.
- Describe eCommerce business models and the mechanics of emarketplaces.
- Describe and discuss eBusiness technologies, strategies and management issues.
- Discuss the impact of the Internet and eBusiness on business and society.
- Describe and discuss concepts and issues of e-tailing of goods and services.
- Cite intellectual property issues related to eCommerce, eBusiness and the Internet.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Introduction to E-commerce (BUSA 3455) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Advanced Business Management
- Business Administration (Management Option)
- Marketing Management - Retail Marketing Management
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Introduction to E-commerce (BUSA 3455)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.