This non-credit self-paced online course is designed to help students meet the challenges of the math courses in their BCIT programs. This course is recommended for students entering the Applied Data Analytic Certificate (ADAC), engineering technology programs or preparing for the Math 0120 Competency Exam. Math 0060 is customizable depending on your pathway. Topics include algebra, functions, graphs, equations, word problems, geometry, trigonometry, logarithms, exponents, intro stats topics and intro linear algebra.
- Math 12 Pre-Calculus or equivalent.
Below is one offering of MATH 0060 for the Fall 2022 term.
Tue Sep 06 - Thu Dec 15 (15 weeks)
- 15 weeks
- CRN 44979
Class meeting times
|Sep 06 - Dec 15||N/A||N/A||Online|
Winona Cordua-von Specht
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION *** The purchase of an e-text/software package is mandatory to complete this course (see course outline for details). For late registration approval email Mathpts@bcit.ca and include your student ID.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Manipulate and simplify algebraic expressions including fractional expressions.
- Solve simple, quadratic and simultaneous linear equations.
- Solve geometric and trigonometric problems.
- Graph algebraic functions.
- Solve exponential and logarithmic problems.
- Solve basic probability problems as seen intro statistics (optional depending on pathway).
- Solve basic linear algebra problems (optional depending on pathway).
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2018
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Introduction to BCIT Mathematics (MATH 0060)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.