(Formerly CIFFA Freight Forwarding 1) Introduces students to air, ocean, truck and rail transportation and to the world geography over which goods move. Incoterms 2010® outlines the transfer of cost and risk to these goods as they are transported from Seller to Buyer. Note: Registration and course fee payment is made with Canadian International Freight Forwarding Association (CIFFA).
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Define the duty of the CIFFA Freight Forwarder and the CIFFA Standard Trading Conditions.
- Define the most important parties involved in an International Trade movement.
- Identify gateway seaports/airports.
- Identify Canadian routes.
- Calculate the chargeable truck freight weight.
- Complete a truck waybill.
- Calculate the chargeable air freight weight.
- Calculate the charge to the customer.
- Calculate profit and loss on a shipment.
- Complete a HAWB and MAWB.
- Calculate the amount and type of ULDs required for a shipment.
- Identify trade routes intermodalism, etc.
- Calculate the chargeable oceanfreight weight.
- Calculate the number and type of containers needed.
- Complete a marine Master bill of Lading.
- Define Ocean Freight Terminology.
- Discuss the changes (who, what and why) revised in the Incoterms 2010.
- Discuss the importance and consequences around applying the correct terms to a sales contract between buyer and seller.
- Identify the specific point of transfer of risk, payment and documentation between the buyer and seller for each of the 11 Incoterms 2010 rules.
Effective as of Fall 2012
International Transportation and Trade (CIFFA) (TDMT 1204) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- International Trade and Transportation Logistics
Interested in being notified about future offerings of International Transportation and Trade (CIFFA) (TDMT 1204)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.