- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The enrolment of international students to Canadian institutions has been a developing phenomenon for several decades, and the recent trajectory of this industry has been noteworthy. With annual revenues over $20 billion, the creation of hundreds of thousands of Canadian jobs, and development of entire business sectors associated with this industry, it is safe to say that international education is a vital and high stakes business. Recruiting and enrolling int'l students in a manner that aligns with an institution's ever changing interests and objectives can be challenging, and requires both forward and inward vision. Understanding and balancing the needs of the institution and the people who interact there (i.e. Faculty, staff and domestic students) with the interests of int'l students, recruitment agents, and other players, is critical to the success of those who work in this field. The International Student Recruitment and Enrolment course is designed for participants with entry to practice knowledge and skills, who wish to advance their understanding of the issues, practices, expectations, and risks associated with the recruitment and enrolment of international students to post-secondary institutions in BC. Current practices and trends in international student recruitment are reviewed and critically investigated. Focus will be given to the identification of regional markets appropriate to the programs and approaches required to align recruitment with enrolment practices and strategies with the expectations of the institution.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of XIEP 4010 for the Fall 2023 term.
Thu Oct 26 - Thu Jan 11 (10 weeks)
- 10 weeks
- CRN 50490
- Domestic fees $173.90International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Oct 26 - Jan 11||Thu||18:00 - 21:00||Online|
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
No classes on December 21 and December 28, 2023.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Interpret relationships between critical components of international recruitment and enrolment.
- Generate rationale for international student recruitment for different post-secondary institutions.
- Develop recruitment plans that align with institutional enrolment strategies, needs and interests.
- Identify selection criteria for regional markets that align with the recruitment needs of different post-secondary institutions
- Conduct regional market research for potential expansion areas for recruitment.
- Analyze the role and functions of recruitment agencies in the post-secondary system.
- Engage with a practicing recruitment agent to assess methods, approaches and representation.
- Describe the influence of diverse institution enrolment practices on international student recruitment.
- Formulate a recruitment methodology based on the admission model of a post-secondary institution.
Effective as of Winter 2023
International Student Recruitment and Enrolment (XIEP 4010) is offered as a part of the following programs:
- International Education Practitioner - Foundation
Interested in being notified about future offerings of International Student Recruitment and Enrolment (XIEP 4010)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.