This course provides students with an understanding of international management and cross-cultural negotiation. International Management looks at management and execution of different approaches to market entry, global sourcing, the impact of technological advances on globalization, globalization of finance, and the needs of Subject Matter Experts (SME) wishing to enter international markets. Cross cultural negotiation looks at how organizations involved in international business operate and negotiate in foreign environments. Specific focus will be placed on the impact of international context, cultural background of the parties involved and the individual negotiating/business styles of representatives of different countries and types of organizations.
- Acceptance into the Bachelor of Business Administration program.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate the changing role of international management in business and society.
- Analyze the most common mistakes made by international managers, and how to avoid them.
- Justify the importance of 'soft' skills in international business.
- Anticipate the cross-cultural and other challenges of managing diverse and globally dispersed international teams.
- Prepare for an ex-pat assignment.
- Demonstrate basic theoretical concepts, terminology and strategies of negotiation.
- Critique the pros and cons of different negotiation approaches.
- Explain how a negotiator's cultural background may or may not impact on the negotiation process.
- Prepare a negotiation strategy for an international negotiation.
Effective as of Fall 2021
International Management and Cross-Cultural Negotiation (GTTM 7000) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Bachelor of Business Administration
Bachelor of Business Administration Full-time/Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of International Management and Cross-Cultural Negotiation (GTTM 7000)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.