This course will prepare food plant personnel to perform internal audits to determine if the food manufacturer's food safety and quality program is being implemented such that it effectively meets required standards. The student will learn how to prepare the audit, collect audit evidence, evaluate the audit evidence to determine conformance, write the final audit report and prepare Corrective Action Requests for the management team. BCIT issues a badge once you successfully complete this course with a grade of 70%. If you also completed FoodCert010 Fundamentals of Food Science for Professionals (from UBC) and FoodCert020 Food Safety Management Principles, Laws and Regulations (from UBC), you will receive a Micro-certificate in Food Safety Management from UBC and BCIT.
- 70% in XFOD 1189
- FoodCert020 Food Safety Management System Principles, Laws and Regulations (from UBC). Consideration will be given to individuals with experience in writing and implementing food safety programs.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the audit goal and choose an audit strategy.
- Plan for an audit.
- Prepare for an audit.
- Collect audit evidence.
- Document objective evidence using a three part nonconformity statement.
- Assign risk to objective evidence.
- Categorize objectives into audit findings.
- Write final audit report.
- Prepare Corrective Action Requests.
- Complete an audit of a food manufacturing facility.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2022
Internal Auditor Training (XFOD 2170) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Food Safety Management
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Internal Auditor Training (XFOD 2170)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.