- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Students will cultivate intercultural competence through reflection and application of core concepts and ideas. They will develop cultural self-awareness and attitudes necessary to study and work in a dynamic and culturally diverse setting abroad. Students will review different communication styles and the influence of societal values and norms. They will use the “Something's Up" method to analyze instances of intercultural misunderstanding and miscommunication and adapt behavior in these situations.
Below is one offering of XSMP 3020 for the Winter 2024 term.
Tue Feb 13 - Tue Mar 05 (4 weeks)
- 4 weeks
- CRN 90773
- Domestic fees $89.45International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Feb 13 - Mar 05||Tue||18:00 - 21:00||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and describe the influence of culture on social and personal values, norms and communication styles.
- Describe how differences in values, norms and communication styles can lead to intercultural miscommunication or misunderstanding.
- Describe the role of history and power in influencing the context surrounding intercultural interactions.
- Apply insights from cultural models to analyze and adjust personal approaches to intercultural situations.
Effective as of Fall 2022
Intercultural Skills (XSMP 3020) is offered as a part of the following programs:
- Student Mobility Preparedness
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Intercultural Skills (XSMP 3020)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.