An examination of the significance of cultural awareness for practice in culturally diverse settings. Intercultural competence frameworks and models from both western and non-western perspectives will be explored through discussion, reflective journaling and assignments. This course will develop professional competence in the implementation of strategies that promote inclusion and foster the academic and socio-cultural goals of internationalization.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of XIEP 4040 for the Winter 2023 term.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe culture and its influence on individual identities and worldviews.
- Analyze the relationship between cultural perspectives and the values of individuals in the workplace.
- Describe key components of intercultural competence.
- Create personal learning goals for the ongoing development of intercultural competence.
- Use an intercultural competence framework to develop strategies for navigating cultural difference.
- Identify the influence of racism in our society and in our interpersonal interactions.
Effective as of Winter 2023
Intercultural Dynamics in International Education (XIEP 4040) is offered as a part of the following programs:
- International Education Practitioner - Foundation
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Intercultural Dynamics in International Education (XIEP 4040)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.