The goal of this course is to design and develop a formal proposal that will be the student's plan for the final program course, CMGT 8800. Students must present a topic that is innovative, experimental or exploratory in their work context. The intent of the course deliverable, a professional project proposal, is to clearly outline the student's topic, objectives, methodologies, research requirements, schedule, and project deliverables. The project proposal will be held to the highest standards. It is recommended that this course be taken immediately prior to registering for CMGT 8800, Industry Based Project.
- Successful completion of all program courses (with exception of CMGT 8800). Corequisites: Minimum of 2 years Related Work Experience; Industry Topic; and an Industry Sponsor.
Below is one offering of CMGT 8700 for the Fall 2022 term.
Sat Oct 29 - Sat Dec 03 (6 weeks)
- 6 weeks
- CRN 37277
Class meeting times
|Oct 29 - Dec 03||N/A||N/A||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
1. Internet Delivery. No formal class times but the course is not self-paced. Weekly participation is essential to succeed in this course. The class will be offered on the Learning Hub and will open on the start date and close on the end date. Prepare to spend 3-5 hours per week on required readings and assignments. 2. Pre-requisites: You must complete all CMGT courses before registering for this class. 3. Department approval is required to register. Contract email@example.com to obtain an application package.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Formulate a conceptual plan based on a pre-approved industry topic.
- Use clear and concise language in appropriate technical style.
- Format and structure information into appropriate segments of a project proposal.
- Apply analytical methodologies into research findings.
- Produce a literature review to support the feasibility of their project.
- Communicate the proposal writing process in a progress memo.
- Cite and record references in APA style within the text and reference list.
- Write a professional proposal that meets both industry and the BTech CM program standards.
Effective as of Fall 2021
Industry Based Project Proposal (CMGT 8700) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Construction Management
Bachelor of Technology Full-time/Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Industry Based Project Proposal (CMGT 8700)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.