This course upgrades and refreshes the mathematical skills for individuals who intend to enter Industrial Wood Processing program at BCIT. The course explains rounding, order of operations, calculations on fractions, exponents, percentages and proportions. The course also steps through how to use trigonometry and geometry to calculate missing angles and sides. Finally, the course steps through how to calculate areas, volumes, do unit conversions and understand graphs.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of WOOD 0100 for the Winter 2023 term.
Start any time
- 52 weeks
- CRN 89839
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 52 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
This course is intended for students currently enrolled in the Industrial Wood Processing (IWP) Associate Certificate program. For additional information please contact Ann Martineau, Industry Services Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org .
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of whole numbers, decimal places, rounding numbers and operations on negative numbers;
- Perform calculations involving fractions, exponents, scientific notation, percentages, proportions and ratios;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the order of operations (BEDMAS) and solving for 1 unknown (algebra basics);
- Calculate areas, volumes, missing angles & sides using geometry;
- Perform unit conversions;
- Create and interpret graphs.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2021
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Industrial Wood Processing Math Refresher Course (WOOD 0100)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.