This course upgrades and refreshes the mathematical skills for individuals who intend to enter the Business of Sawmilling program at BCIT. The course explains rounding, order of operations, calculations on fractions, exponents, percentages and proportions. The course also steps through how to solve for an unknown and do unit conversions. Finally, the course introduces basic probability concepts.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of whole numbers, decimal places, rounding numbers and operations on negative numbers;
- Perform calculations involving fractions, exponents, scientific notation, percentages, proportions and ratios;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the order of operations (BEDMAS) and solving for one unknown (algebra basics);
- Calculate probabilities of certain events occurring (basic probabilities).
Effective as of Fall 2021
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Business of Sawmilling Math Refresher Course (WOOD 0200)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.