This course upgrades and refreshes the mathematical skills for individuals who intend to enter the Business of Sawmilling program at BCIT. The course explains rounding, order of operations, calculations on fractions, exponents, percentages and proportions. The course also steps through how to solve for an unknown and do unit conversions. Finally, the course introduces basic probability concepts.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of WOOD 0200 for the Fall 2023 term.
Start any time
- 52 weeks
- CRN 48785
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 52 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
This course is intended for students currently enrolled in the Business of Sawmilling (BOS) Associate Certificate program. For additional information please contact Ann Martineau, Industry Services Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org .
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of whole numbers, decimal places, rounding numbers and operations on negative numbers;
- Perform calculations involving fractions, exponents, scientific notation, percentages, proportions and ratios;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the order of operations (BEDMAS) and solving for one unknown (algebra basics);
- Calculate probabilities of certain events occurring (basic probabilities).
Effective as of Fall 2021
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Business of Sawmilling Math Refresher Course (WOOD 0200)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.