Industrial relations will cover employment and collective bargaining legislation as well as maintenance of collective agreements and the management of industrial relations. The course will analyze employment standards legislation, the labour code, human rights, impact of collective bargaining / certification on organizational structure. The course will also look at negotiation, conflict management and team techniques. Students can expect to gain a solid understanding of what industrial relations is and why it is important to workers and management.
- Acceptance into the BTech Construction Management degree program.
Below is one offering of CMGT 7605 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Thu Apr 13 - Thu Jun 29 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 65262
Class meeting times
|Apr 13 - Jun 29||Thu||18:00 - 21:00||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This class is a core course for students accepted into the program prior to the fall of 2022. This course is an elective course for students accepted into the program as of fall 2022 or later. Textbook is required. Please inquire at the BCIT bookstore.
This course offering has been cancelled. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze how the employment standards act and the labour code impact the collective bargaining environment.
- Identify the issues that are relevant to the certification process.
- Explain the key components of negotiation that result in a successful collective agreement.
- Assess the impact of marketplace conditions on collective bargaining.
Effective as of Fall 2010
Industrial Relations (CMGT 7605) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Construction Management
Bachelor of Technology Full-time/Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Industrial Relations (CMGT 7605)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.