- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Introduces the principles of hydraulic control and power transmission. Hydraulic components, their schematic symbols, function and construction are examined and used in hands-on practical exercises. The course delivery combines practical exercises with discussions of typical industrial applications and lectures.
- General technical knowledge and basic Physics.
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- List and discuss typical safety practices and environmental concerns in Hydraulics.
- Explain operating principle of simple fluid power system.
- Compare hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Discuss benefits and limitations of hydraulics in industrial and mobile applications.
- Recognize and describe operating principles of simple hydraulic pumps and valves.
- Select an appropriate pump to meet circuit requirements.
- Select hydraulic cylinders for sample applications.
- Select hydraulic speed control circuits for sample applications
- Estimate energy losses in sample hydraulic systems.
- Describe key characteristics of hydraulic fluids.
- Select hydraulic plumbing for sample circuits.
- Discuss contamination and filtration in hydraulics.
- Recognize and apply standard JIC and ISO schematic symbols used in hydraulic systems.
- Develop and test selected hydraulic circuits using gear pumps, pressure control valves, flow control valves, directional control valves, cylinders, and hydraulic hoses.
Effective as of Fall 2012
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Industrial Hydraulics (FPWR 1000)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.