- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course is designed to strengthen the skill sets of those responsible for investigating workplace incidents. The focus of this course is on developing effective operational practices associated with investigating workplace incidents, including those that result in serious and fatal injuries. Participants will learn to apply the principles and practices taught in the course by working in small groups to investigate several realistic workplace incidents.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of OCHS 1050 for the Winter 2024 term.
Sat Mar 30 (1 day)
- 1 day
- CRN 91862
- Domestic fees $187.12International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|08:30 - 16:30
|Burnaby SW01 Rm. 3021
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This one-day course is taught at the BCIT Burnaby campus.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Interpret WorkSafeBC legislation, policies and guidelines related to workplace incidents and apply them in investigations.
- Understand critical factors of an incident scene and gather necessary details based on this knowledge.
- Recognize the objectives of witness interviews and utilize structured techniques to gather information.
- Examine the collected incident information to understand the sequence of events.
- Assess the analyzed data to judge the probable causes of the workplace incident.
- Understand the root causes of the incident and propose solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Create accurate reports and construct well-organized documentation of the incident.
Effective as of Winter 2024
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Incident Investigations (OCHS 1050)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.