- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
In this course you will learn about human rights in Canada. This will include learning about your rights and responsibilities under human rights legislation. We are all responsible for contributing towards a more equitable society free of harassment and discrimination. This training will help you along your journey and lay a foundation for understanding the challenges of human rights on a more global scale.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MOOC 0104 for the Winter 2024 term.
Start any time
- 52 weeks
- CRN 90983
- Domestic fees $0.00International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 52 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the development of human rights protections.
- Define human rights legislation in Canada including the functions of human rights tribunals and commissions.
- Recognize what discrimination is and is not.
- Understand the duty to accommodate.
- Understand what constitutes harassment (including sexual harassment).
Effective as of Fall 2022
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Human Rights 101 (MOOC 0104)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.