- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course will examine the interior built environment as it relates to human physical and psychological needs. Sustainable principles embodied by WELL, LEED, Cradle to Cradle philosophy, Living Building Challenge (LBC), Life Cycle Analysis (LCA) and other environmental methodologies, as related to interior design.
Below is one offering of INTD 4110 for the Fall 2023 term.
Thu Sep 14 - Thu Nov 02 (8 weeks)
- 8 weeks
- CRN 48128
Class meeting times
|Sep 14 - Nov 02||Thu||18:00 - 21:00||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 411|
***Please note*** - Students who do not meet the mandatory prerequisites will be dropped without notice. This is a waitlist eligible course. If you wish to be placed on the INTD department maintained waitlist for this course, please email INTD_Waitlist@bcit.ca with the following information: Your name, student number, course number, and CRN. Waitlist requests are not accepted until after 9:30am on registration day.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Analyse the principles of anthropometrics, ergonomics, and proxemics for interior commercial spaces.
- Identify sustainable design strategies as outlined by building performance criteria such as WELL, LEED, C2C, and Living Building Challenge (LBC).
- Explore sustainable paradigms such as Regenerative Design and Biomimicry.
- Discuss global environmental issues affecting decision making.
- Identify environmental factors that impact indoor air quality.
- Engage in responsible decision-making with consideration for current and future generations.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Human and Environmental Factors (INTD 4110) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Human and Environmental Factors (INTD 4110)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.