How to forecast stock market prices is not an easy task. This course will get you started by providing you with 3 key methods used. No prior statistics, economics or Excel knowledge is necessary to complete this course. Additional course topics include: learning about average returns, volatility of stocks, using Excel's charting tools and using the Data Analysis Toolpak. The methods we will learn are moving averages, linear regression and the random walk method. In addition we will use what are called lagged variables
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand and perform the moving average method
- Understand and perform the random walk method
- Understand and calculate correlation coefficients and perform the linear regression method
- Understand, use and calculate lagged variables.
Effective as of Winter 2021
How to Forecast Stock Prices (XOPT 1051) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Digital Transformation
Interested in being notified about future offerings of How to Forecast Stock Prices (XOPT 1051)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.