This course teaches the use of Cerner hospital administration software. Cerner is a cloud-based EHR software program used by health organizations of various sizes across the world and to streamline operations and provide greater healthcare. It offers Quick-Select charting, detailed scheduling dashboard, powerful integration, patient education resources, dynamic clinical documentation tools, auto-texting, revenue management, and health analytics.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of CLRK 1001 for the Winter 2023 term.
Mon Jan 09 - Mon Feb 13 (6 weeks)
- 6 weeks
- CRN 90672
Class meeting times
|Jan 09 - Feb 13||Mon||18:30 - 21:30||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
Attendance to the first class is mandatory, no late registrations. No class February 20th. Minimum typing speed of 30wpm recommended for this class. This is not a self-paced course. You will be expected to be available and online on the posted days and times shown on your registration schedule. It is important to have a stable and consistent internet connection to access course content. Course content, type and quality of assignments, and general standards for this online course are the same as classroom courses. To be successful in this online course, plan to spend 7-10 hours per week on your studies, starting Week 1.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use Quick-Select charting for tracking patient data.
- Arrange appointments and transfers using the detailed scheduling dashboard.
- Use powerful integrations for enabling inter communication between medical devices and healthcare applications.
- Provide patients with pertinent education resources.
- Use the patient portal to track patient history and data.
- Examine patient details with the dynamic clinical documentation tools.
- Use auto-texting for quickly populating a note with information from a chart to a physician.
- Navigate screens for patient address, care card, family doctor, emergency contacts, phone number and insurance information.
- Use hospital software to acknowledge different doctors' orders.
- Use Cerner FormFast to access medical forms such as consent forms, referrals, and discharge transfers forms.
Effective as of Winter 2023
Hospital Practice Systems 1 (CLRK 1001) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Healthcare Unit Clerk
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Hospital Practice Systems 1 (CLRK 1001)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.