The focus of this course is designed to apply students' prior knowledge of freehand sketching. Photoshop and Sketch Up skills to various forms of visual communication. Through the implementation of the elements and principles of design, students will create well- composed and dynamic layouts using formats such as posters and digital presentations. Students will be exposed to basic concepts of graphic design and branding to enable them to develop promotional material such as sales brochures, business cards and portfolios. The course will provide students an opportunity to build on their quick sketching abilities using interior spaces and buildings as their subject matter. Students will also utilize software programs such as InDesign to assist in the visual expression of their 2D graphic presentations.
- This course isn't currently offered through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Utilize freehand sketches as a foundation to articulate design ideas and direction.
- Incorporate the elements and principles of design to create well-composed and dynamic layouts.
- Produce quick sketches of interior spaces and buildings that are accurate and expressive.
- Explore different formats and layouts for the preparation of effective professional portfolios and poster presentations for interior design applications.
- Utilize acquired software knowledge to enhance the visual impact of 2D graphic presentations.
- Apply graphic design principles and branding to produce promotional material.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Graphic Presentation 2 (INTR 3110)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.