- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The growing importance of global marketing is one aspect of a sweeping transformation that has profoundly affected the people and industries of many nations during the past 40 years. Today, global marketing is used to realize a company's full potential. This course reflects current issues and events while offering conceptual and analytical tools that will help students apply traditional marketing planning, implementation and evaluation techniques, including the 4Ps, segmenting, targeting and positioning, and market entry strategies, to global marketing. It will also examine the social and cultural environments and the role of social media in the expanding global market place.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe how companies pursue a competitive advantage in the global marketplace.
- Understand global advertising, promotions and public relations techniques used in global marketing communications.
- Identify and explain the major changes in the world economy that have occurred during the past few decades.
- Understand social, political and technological trends shaping global marketing.
- Define culture and identify the various expressions of culture that can impact global marketing strategies.
- Explain the criteria that global marketers use to segment markets and choose specific markets to target.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Global Marketing (MKTG 2525) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Global Marketing (MKTG 2525)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.