What’s behind the brand? This course is designed to provide students with an understanding of the role of branding in marketing all kinds of organizations, goods, services, and ideas. Analysis of contemporary branding strategies and their application online and offline will be explored. Students will create and present a brand proposition and strategic plan for an organization.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to.
- Explain the importance and function of branding in all types of organizations, both large and small businesses, including consumer goods, services, B2B brands, government social marketing programs, and non-profit organizations.
- Understand the history of branding and how branding has come to play such a powerful role in marketing.
- Analyze the role of branding in building customer relationships in the digital marketing era.
- Understand the intricacies of consumer behavior and the role of branding in creating emotional connections to businesses, products and services.
- Define brand equity and how it drives the success or failure of a business.
- Understand the role of brand positioning in strategic competitive differentiation.
- Discuss the impact of branding from a sociological and ethical perspective.
- Evaluate brand case studies in the context of current branding trends and changes in the marketplace.
- Assess the elements of an effective brand and describe how brands are implemented and communicated to target audiences.
Effective as of Fall 2014
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Fundamentals of Branding (MKTG 1554)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.