This course introduces students to drawing as a means of visual communication. Developing freehand drawing skills for interior design applications is the focus of the program.
- 50% in COMM 1120* (*May be taken concurrently).
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Create a perspective using various drawing mediums, including pencil and ink.
- Create drawings using different drawing techniques.
- Create interior renderings that illustrate the elements and principles of design composition.
- Create drawings showing the relationship between negative and positive space.
- Record images quickly in simple line drawings.
- Create quick freehand sketches of interiors and/or furniture.
- Create drawings that relate to interior design applications.
- Draw perspectives which illustrate the principles of descriptive geometry (perspective).
- Convey depth in a drawing through the use of shade and shadow.
Effective as of Fall 2005
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Freehand Drawing (INTD 1310)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.