This course is intended for registered nurses who have taken the Forensic Nurse Examiner training and who are new or returning to their roles as Forensic Nurse Examiners. Students will gain the knowledge required to effectively consider and critically analyze legal requirements that affect the care of patients following intimate partner or sexual violence and to provide objective, accurate, evidence-based testimony in judicial proceedings. Upon successful completion of this course, students will earn a digital badge titled “FNE Witness Testimony Skills”.
- FSCT 7840 or by permission of the forensics department.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Carry out the responsibilities of the forensic nurse examiner/SANE in judicial proceedings.
- Create a CV in preparation for the judicial process that will demonstrate credibility as an expert witness.
- Explain the differences between fact and expert witness in judicial proceedings .
Effective as of Winter 2022
Forensic Nurse Examiner Witness Testimony and CV Workshop (XFSC 7851) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Computing and Academic Studies
- Advanced Forensic Nurse Examiner
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Forensic Nurse Examiner Witness Testimony and CV Workshop (XFSC 7851)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.