- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The food and beverage is often times what people remember most about an event! It has to be the right selection, served at the right time, the right way! After taking this course you will be able to identify the food and beverage requirements for an event. Students will learn about menu selection, service style selection, sustainable catering concepts, procurement (sourcing and selecting) as well as basic catering operations and meal plans that reflect client needs and event goals. Using a simulated event, the course also focuses on licensing, alcohol services and related risks, sanitation and food safe requirements. Trends such as sustainable menu planning/ procurement, food and beverage presentation, dietary requirements and restrictions are also introduced and explored.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Conduct a food and beverage needs assessment.
- Create menus and meal plans that reflect event audience and demographics, trends and other seasonal considerations.
- Develop a food and beverage service plan for an event that ensures a positive culinary experience for event guests and a smooth operational flow.
- Develop a risk management plan for alcohol service and consumption.
- Incorporate décor and table design items such as unusual / decorative linens, napkin folds, and other creative elements that will enhance the guest experience.
- Explain the basic health department requirements for food and beverage service.
- Explain liquor liability safeguards and risk management for alcohol service and consumption.
Effective as of Fall 2021
Food & Beverage Services for the Event Professional (MKTG 2024) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Sustainable Event Management
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Food & Beverage Services for the Event Professional (MKTG 2024)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.