The course will introduce learners to the fundamentals of financing a new or growing business in Canada. Topics will include pre-financing considerations, basic financial statements and concepts, bootstrapping, equity financing, debt financing, preparing a financing proposal and striking a financing arrangement.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Prepare a basic financing proposal
- Analyse and describe basic debt financing sources for a new or growing business
- Analyse and describe basic equity financing sources for a new or growing business
- Describe basic considerations in striking a financing arrangement with a financing source
- Assess pre-financing considerations such as the amount of financing required and the stage of development of the business seeking financing
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2016
Financing For a New or Growing Business (VENT 1820) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Coast Capital Savings Entrepreneurial Program
Statement of Completion Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Financing For a New or Growing Business (VENT 1820)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.