This course provides motorcycle owners and enthusiasts with the skills needed to perform various diagnostic and maintenance procedures on final drive systems. Covers both chain and belt drive systems. Lectures are combined with demonstrations and hands-on training. BCIT motorcycles of various types are provided for demonstrations and hands-on activities.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Describe final drive maintenance requirements on common types of motorcycles.
- Identify differences between aftermarket and factory replacement components.
- Perform chain and sprocket inspections, maintenance and replacement.
- Perform belt and sprocket inspections, maintenance and replacement.
Effective as of Fall 2015
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Final Drive Systems (MCMX 0123)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.