The Field Notes, Mensuration, and Data collection for Environmental Professionals nano-module is foundational for the development of the skills required when working in the Natural Resource industry. Participants will review key mathematical calculations, identify standard field equipment for data collection, develop procedures on setting up photo point monitoring, as well as how to record and display field notes in an effective and concise manner.
Grade 10 Math or equivalent, Basic English Proficiency, Competency with Computer.
- This course isn't currently offered through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Develop mathematical fundamentals for a field technician's data collection.
- Conduct effective journal entry, data recording, and data management
- Design, set-up and manage a photo point monitoring station.
- Identify how to use standard field equipment: Rotary tape, clinometer, abney level, laser range finder, electronic scale.
- Identify standard measuring and sampling techniques.
Effective as of Winter 2021
Field Notes, Mensuration, and Data Collection for Environmental Professionals (RENR 1001) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Essentials of Natural Resource and Environmental Protection (MENREP)
Microcredential Part-time/Distance & Online Learning
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Field Notes, Mensuration, and Data Collection for Environmental Professionals (RENR 1001)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.