In this course, students will learn the tools necessary to model and analyze machine components and structures using Finite Element Analysis (FEA). Students will analyze mechanical objects under static and dynamic loading using SolidWorks Simulation software. Emphasis will be placed on modeling techniques used for FEA structural stress-strain, frequency, and thermal analysis.
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize the basic concepts of FEA using fundamental knowledge of mathematics.
- Model structural engineering problems using CAD/CAE software.
- Proficiently use commercial FEA SolidWorks Simulation software.
- Apply FEA techniques as a design tool in engineering product design and development process.
- Present FEA results in a form of FEA project report.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2012
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of FEA with SolidWorks Simulation 1 (AICO 4348)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.