This course will provide training to students to excel above minimum industry requirements in fall protection. This course will help students develop the foundation of awareness for safe work-at-height with a pro-active approach to fall protection, equipment use, work-at-height safety, risk assessment and hazard analysis. Students in this class will have the opportunity to use the skills they learn through practical application.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the requirements for fall protection and the WorkSafeBC Occupational Health and Safety Regulations.
- Explain the fundamentals of fall protection equipment and its proper use.
- Identify hazards associated with work-at-height, and explain the importance of risk assessment.
- Minimize fall distance and fall factor with work-at-height.
- Utilize proper control zones to protect a hazardous drop zone, drop proofing work-at-height, lanyards, and netting.
Effective as of Fall 2015
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Fall Protection 1 - Work-at-Height Safety Awareness Training (STEL 0050)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.