The simplest of meetings require some form of audio-visual or event production equipment. From microphones and LCD projection to sophisticated multi-media; event professionals need to be familiar with the technical requirements of meetings, conferences and special events. This course introduces you to the technical aspects of special events including lighting, sound, video, staging, power, rigging and special effects. You will visit and experience various event venues and observe set ups to gain valuable hands-on experience in the world of event technical production. You will also use a simulated event to learn these skills.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MKTG 2029 for the Fall 2022 term.
Mon Sep 12 - Mon Dec 05 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 48311
Class meeting times
|Sep 12 - Dec 05||Mon||18:00 - 21:00||Burnaby|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
No class held on October 11th - Thanksgiving Day
This course offering has been cancelled. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply the terminology and technical terms required to develop a procurement plan for technical requirements for different types of simulated events.
- Develop a technical floor plan (layout).
- Develop a technical production plan for an event operation.
- Explore evolving forms of new media that allow for increased sustainability including virtual events and meetings.
Effective as of Fall 2021
Event Technical Production (MKTG 2029) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Sustainable Event Management
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Event Technical Production (MKTG 2029)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.