- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The simplest of meetings require some form of audio-visual or event production equipment. From microphones and LCD projection to sophisticated multi-media; event professionals need to be familiar with the technical requirements of meetings, conferences and special events. This course introduces you to the technical aspects of special events including lighting, sound, video, staging, power, rigging and special effects. You will visit and experience various event venues and observe set ups to gain valuable hands-on experience in the world of event technical production. You will also use a simulated event to learn these skills.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MKTG 2029 for the Winter 2024 term.
Mon Jan 08 - Sat Mar 30 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 89615
- Domestic fees $665.89International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 08 - Mar 30||N/A||N/A||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Please note that the lecture component for this course is asynchronous, not requiring you to meet each and every week at a specific time, however, there will be specific timelines for assignments and exams. It is important you have a stable and consistent internet connection to access course content. Please check the following link to ensure you meet the computer requirements for the class. www.bcit.ca/files/business/pdf/bcit-sobm-byod.pdf Course content, type and quality of assignments, and general standards for this online course are the same as classroom courses. To be successful in this online course, plan to spend 7-10 hours per week on your studies, or more if it’s a condensed course, starting Week 1. Important course information will be sent to your myBCIT account prior to your course start date.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply the terminology and technical terms required to develop a procurement plan for technical requirements for different types of simulated events.
- Develop a technical floor plan (layout).
- Develop a technical production plan for an event operation.
- Explore evolving forms of new media that allow for increased sustainability including virtual events and meetings.
Effective as of Fall 2021
Event Technical Production (MKTG 2029) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Sustainable Event Management
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Event Technical Production (MKTG 2029)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.