For any event – regardless of purpose - creating "buzz" or generating attendance is absolutely vital! You will be introduced to marketing fundamentals such as the 4 P's of marketing, SWOT analysis, event branding, and advertising in order to develop a marketing plan for a simulated event that will positively impact event attendance and / or growth. You will be required to develop a comprehensive event or festival marketing plan.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MKTG 1017 for the Fall 2022 term.
Mon Sep 12 - Mon Dec 05 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 48309
Class meeting times
|Sep 12 - Dec 05||Mon||18:00 - 21:00||Burnaby SE06 Rm. 208|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
No class held on October 10th - Thanksgiving Day
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Conduct basic market research, including a situational analysis, to define target market segments.
- Write compelling positioning statements and unique value propositions reflective of the target audiences' needs and stakeholder expectations.
- Determine strategic event pricing based on market research and ensure alignment with event budget, forecast and goals.
- Develop an event marketing plan that meets the goals and objectives of the event stakeholders.
- Distinguish between the relative strengths of print, electronic, and other advertising mediums to enable the development of effective marketing communications.
Effective as of Fall 2021
Event Marketing (MKTG 1017) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Event Marketing (MKTG 1017)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.