The Environmental Monitoring nano-module will provide context to the role of an environmental monitor and review typical duties of an environmental monitor. This nano-module will assist in environmental monitoring basics for a wide variety of applications throughout Western Canada, such as stream crossing installations, pipeline development, and land development.
Grade 10 Math or equivalent, Basic English Proficiency, Competency with Computer.
- This course isn't currently offered through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define important terms and understand regulatory approvals and permits.
- Describe the field aspects of an environmental monitoring program.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities for environmental monitoring crew.
- Identify safety operations and procedure.
- Develop an understanding of sediment and erosion control plans.
- Understand spill control and response plans and procedures.
- Identify and conduct key project management and safety procedures.
Effective as of Winter 2021
Environmental Monitoring (RENR 1005) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Essentials of Natural Resource and Environmental Protection (MENREP)
Microcredential Part-time/Distance & Online Learning
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Environmental Monitoring (RENR 1005)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.