- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Familiarizes the student with the fundamentals of raising funds. Emphasis is placed on various sources of funds with particular focus on the types, their benefits and costs. Topics will include bank financing, government funding and venture capital.
- 50% in FMGT 3510
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
- Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Differentiate between the different life stages of businesses as it is relevant to financing.
- Assess which types of financing are realistically available in a given situation.
- Formulate basic financing strategies for acquisitions, sales and expansion of businesses.
- Integrate previously learned material such as working capital management, accounting, tax planning and personal financial planning into financing strategies.
- Identify the types of short and long term financing available from financial institutions and measure those features which are evaluated in granting credit to corporate customers.
- Consider “vendor financing” as a component of acquisition or sale of a business.
- Identify the nature and purpose of venture capital and understand trends in financing by venture capitalists.
- Interpret the process and sequence of events in taking a company public.
- Evaluate how combinations of equity and debt financing to optimize returns and control risks.
- Assess the nature and importance of a business plan and which factors to emphasize in a plan when dealing with private and public financial sources.
Effective as of Winter 2015
Enterprise Finance (FMGT 4520) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Enterprise Finance (FMGT 4520)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.