This advanced course provides students with the in-depth knowledge to support the implementation and troubleshooting of advanced routing technologies and services in an enterprise environment. These devices and services facilitate the connection of devices, applications, and data through the internet and across other computer networks. Topics include Layer 3 VPN (Virtual Private Network) services, infrastructure security and infrastructure services used in enterprise networks as well as network performance optimization, route redistribution, and advanced tunneling technologies. Students will perform advanced configurations for routers and services to build and configure enterprise-level local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) that use IPv4 and IPv6 advanced routing protocols such as Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing (EIGRP), Border Gateway (BGP) and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF).
- 50% in CITX 3063
Below is one offering of CITX 3064 for the Fall 2023 term.
Tue Sep 12 - Thu Nov 30 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 48323
Class meeting times
|Sep 12 - Nov 30||Tue, Thu||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby SE01 Rm. 207|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Departmental approval needed
Departmental approval is required. To request approval to register, please contact Katie Howard at email@example.com and include your full name, BCIT Student ID number and the name of this course. Note: BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Implement DHCP to operate across multiple LANs.
- Implement EIGRP for IPv4 in a small to medium-sized business network.
- Explain how advanced EIGRP features affect network performance.
- Troubleshoot common EIGRP configuration issues.
- Troubleshoot EIGRPv6 issues.
- Explain how OSPF operates.
- Implement multiarea OSPF for IPv4 to enable internetwork communications.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues in OSPFv2.
- Implement multiarea OSPFv3.
- Troubleshoot issues with OSPFv3 implementation.
- Configure BGP.
- Configure BGP with advanced features.
- Explain the processes used by BGP for path selection.
- Troubleshoot BGP issues.
Effective as of Fall 2021
Enterprise Advanced Routing and Services (CITX 3064) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Cisco Certified Network Professional
Statement of Completion Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Enterprise Advanced Routing and Services (CITX 3064)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.