This course provides motorcycle owners and enthusiasts with the skills needed to perform various diagnostic and maintenance procedures on motorcycle electrical systems. Covers electrical accessory component installations including heated grips, lamp and safety system upgrades, and battery tenders and accessory power outlets. Lectures are combined with demonstrations and hands-on training. BCIT motorcycles of various types are provided for demonstrations and hands-on activities.
- S in MCMX 0115
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Describe electrical system maintenance requirements on common types of motorcycles.
- Identify differences between aftermarket accessories and factory replacement components.
- Perform electrical system tests and troubleshooting.
- Perform electrical accessory component installations.
Effective as of Fall 2015
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Electrical Systems (MCMX 0124)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.