- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Upon registration in FSCT 0210, students will receive an access code to enrol in EC-Council's online, self-paced Certified Secure Computer User Certification course. Students will have online access to EC Council materials including an e-book, lecture videos, and the certification exam for 12 months. Upon successful completion of the certification exam, students will achieve CSCU certification through EC Council. Students will not receive a grade from BCIT for this course. This course is aimed at anyone who uses the internet extensively to work. The purpose of the CSCU training program is to provide individuals with the necessary knowledge and skills to protect their information assets. This class will immerse students into an interactive environment where they will acquire a fundamental understanding of various computer and network security threats. More importantly, the skills learned from the class helps students take the necessary steps to mitigate their security exposure. Course Length: 16 instructional hours (plus practice/study).
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the need and importance of data security.
- Implement Operating System security measures on their computers.
- Understand Malware and its symptoms.
- Make an informed decision about choosing the antivirus which is most relevant to their needs.
- Understand the risks associated with different online activities.
- Understand why and how to secure web browsers.
- Identify safe websites.
- Safeguard against the threats associated with online social networking.
- Understand how to make their social networking accounts secure.
- Understand the threats associated with email communications and how to safeguard against them.
- Understand the threats to mobile devices and how to safeguard against them.
- Understand the threats associated with cloud accounts and how to safeguard against them.
- Make an informed decision about a cloud service provider which fulfills their requirements.
- Understand the various types of networks and the threats associated with them.
- Configure a home network.
- Make their networks secure.
- Understand the threats to data and the need for data backups.
- Backup and restore data on their computers.
- Destroy data permanently.
Effective as of Winter 2022
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of EC Council Certified Secure Computer User Certification (FSCT 0210)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.