Upon registration in FSCT 0211, students will receive an access code to enrol in EC-Council's online, self-paced Certified Network Defender Certification course. Students will have online access to EC Council materials including an e-book, labs, lecture videos, and the certification exam for 12 months. Upon successful completion of the certification exam, students will achieve CND certification through EC Council. Students will not receive a grade from BCIT for this course. This course was designed for anyone who works in network operations, including network administrators, network engineers and network security analysts. Topics covered include Network Attacks and Defense Strategies, Administrative Network Security, and Technical Network Security. Course Length: 45 Instructional hours (plus practice/study).
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental goals, benefits, challenges, and available countermeasures for network defence.
- Analyze cryptography algorithms and design implementation strategies for privacy and security of information
- Understand the role of the Intrusion Detection and Prevention System in defending the networks.
- Understand Linux and Windows security concerns and hardening techniques such as password management, security baseline configurations, etc.
- Identify risks associated with IoT and mobile devices and select appropriate countermeasures, including policies, guidelines, and tools.
- Implement application whitelisting and blacklisting, sandboxing, patch management, web application firewall, encryption techniques, and secure design strategies for data loss prevention.
- Examine the evolution of network security management in virtualized IT environments.
- Understand cloud computing concepts and different security concerns.
- Understand wireless networking concepts, network encryption mechanisms, authentication methods, and advantages of network traffic monitoring.
- Understand logging concepts, centralized log monitoring and perform log analysis to manage secure network operations.
- Examine various network security incidents and develop policies, processes, and guidelines for incident handling, disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Develop a risk management program and implement different strategies such as attack surface analysis and cyber threat intelligence to reduce organizational risks.
Effective as of Winter 2022
Interested in being notified about future offerings of EC Council Certified Network Defender Certification (FSCT 0211)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.