Upon registration in FSCT 0212, students will receive an access code to enrol in EC-Council's online, self-paced Certified Ethical Hacker Certification course. Students will have online access to EC Council materials including an e-book, labs, lecture videos, and the certification exam for 12 months. Upon successful completion of the certification exam, students will achieve CEH certification through EC Council. Students will not receive a grade from BCIT for this course. This class is designed for persons responsible for defending systems, and provides students an insight of current security scenario and increasing hacking attempts on various information systems. The goal of the ethical hacking and countermeasures is to help the organizations take preemptive measures against malicious attacks by attacking the system themselves staying within legal limits. Course Length: 45 Instructional hours (plus practice/study).
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Assess ethical and legal requirements of security assessment and penetration testing and determine a strategy to comply with these requirements.
- Analyze different phases of hacking and recommend the strategy to use ethical hacking for assessing security of various components of information system.
- Compare and contrast different hacking techniques and analyze the legal implications of hacking.
- Examine different vulnerabilities, threats and attacks to information systems and recommend the countermeasures.
- Analyze cryptography algorithms and encryption techniques, and design implementation strategies for securing information.
- Compare and contrast various network security assessment and hacking tools.
- Assess various network security techniques and tools and implement appropriate level of information security controls based on evidence, information, and research.
Effective as of Winter 2022
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker Certification (FSCT 0212)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.