Designed to provide a management overview of E-commerce Systems and technologies including back end applications, middleware and other systems which managers will encounter while doing business on the Internet. Combines a series of lectures, individual, and team-based research projects and provides you with the skills necessary to function in an E-commerce environment.
- 50% in BUSA 3455
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the major systems that enable eCommerce.
- Discuss the importance of standards in eCommerce.
- Describe the technologies in eCommerce.
- Discuss management issues related to Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and XML.
- Describe major classes of eCommerce tools and their impact on the organization.
- Describe the security issues with implementing an eCommerce system.
- Describe and write a business solution outlining the major steps in implementing and managing an eCommerce System.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Interested in being notified about future offerings of E-commerce Systems (BUSA 3465)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.