- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
From traditional broadcasting to podcasting and viral video, new methods of reaching an audience are developing all the time yet good storytelling and pure human communication will never become obsolete. The focus of this course is creating compelling and powerful content that will stand out in this cluttered new media landscape.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
- Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
Identify professional communicators and provide examples of the most successful forms of social media they engage.
- Define the elements of corporate story-telling.
- Describe the concept of narrowcasting.
- Provide examples of how to weave your own personality into any message.
- Develop the skills to communicate a focused message clearly.
- Use humour, emotion, and opinion in your story-telling.
- Transition your work from the written word to a relaxed, live presentation in front of the camera.
- Create succinct and entertaining Twitter and FaceBook content that enhances your personal brand.
- Demonstrate effective online strategies for getting your content seen by the most viewers using social equity.
Effective as of Fall 2012
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Discover Your Inner Storyteller (BCST 1121)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.