The course provides an introduction into digital forensics. It familiarizes the students with basics of digital forensics, computer structure, storage structure, networks, mobile devices, etc. The course will also cover the basic techniques to research and document scenes and evidence.
- Admission to a Forensic credential program or permission of the Program Coordinator.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain basic digital components subject/related to digital forensics.
- Describe scenes and procedures to collect evidence.
- Describe digital storage forensic characteristics.
- Describe memory forensic characteristics.
- Describe networking forensic characteristics.
- Perform basic forensic activities on digital storage.
- Perform basic forensic activities on networks and components.
- Perform basic forensic activities on mobile devices.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2014
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Digital Forensics Foundations (FSCT 7510)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.