Examines the concept of direct marketing, and studies the growing popularity of direct marketing as an advertising medium. As a growing function in organizations that is often not well understood or well managed, this course will look at both management and implementation of direct marketing. Direct marketing will be studied through lectures, videos, case studies, workshops, guest lecturers, group discussions, and industry-related projects.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MKTG 2438 for the Winter 2023 term.
Wed Jan 04 - Sat Mar 25 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 85444
Class meeting times
|Jan 04 - Mar 25||N/A||N/A||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
Students are permitted to register up until the first week without approval. Please note that the lecture component for this course is asynchronous; you are not required to meet each week at a specific time, however, there will be specific timelines for assignments and exams. It is important you have a stable and consistent internet connection to access course content. Course content, type and quality of assignments, and general standards for this online course are the same as classroom courses. To be successful in this online course, plan to spend 7-10 hours per week on your studies, or more for a condensed course, starting Week 1. Important course information will be sent to your myBCIT account prior to your course start date.
Upon successful completion or this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the strategic importance of direct marketing.
- Describe how Direct Marketing can be applied as a solution to meet business goals
- Evaluate the effectiveness of various direct marketing tactics.
- Recommend ways to improve direct marketing efforts.
- Develop direct marketing strategies for consumer and business-to-business selling, as well as fundraising initiatives.
- Discuss current trends and practices in direct marketing.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Digital and Direct Marketing (MKTG 2438) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Business Administration (Marketing Option)
- Marketing Management - Customer Relationship Marketing
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Digital and Direct Marketing (MKTG 2438)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.