This course is a continuation of the magnetic compass section of NAUT 1830 Navigation Systems and Instruments. This course provides practical application on the Deviascope to identify and reduce the magnetic forces of deviation that affect a magnetic compass.
- Navigation Systems and Instruments
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the method of analyzing deviation table to obtain approximate coefficients.
- Describe the general principle of compass corrections.
- Demonstrate the method of correcting the magnetic compass for coefficients.
- Explain effects of Retentive and Gaussin errors.
- Explain requirements for siting magnetic compass.
- State the requirements for having the magnetic compass re-checked by the compass adjuster.
Effective as of Fall 2009
Deviascope (NAUT 1835) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Transportation
- Chief Mate
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Deviascope (NAUT 1835)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.