This course prepares the bachelor degree candidate for the graduation project. Topics include identifying a suitable project, identifying a faculty/industry project supervisor, writing a project proposal, developing a method of tracking project progress and orally presenting a project proposal for approval.
- 50% in MTEC 7090
Below is one offering of MTEC 7092 for the Winter 2023 term.
Thu Jan 12 - Thu Mar 30 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 83290
Class meeting times
|Jan 12 - Mar 30||Thu||18:00 - 21:15||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
Students are expected to attend a 6-hour Saturday session and plant tour. Note: BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term, subscribe to receive email updates or contact us with your comments or questions.
At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define the scope and depth of a project in a chosen specialty.
- Apply research methodology in a specialty area.
- Provide rationalization for how the chosen project will enhance expertise in the student's specialty.
- Select the methodology or approach to complete a project.
- Estimate the time and effort expected for completing a project.
- Set the project milestones.
- Write a project proposal and present it orally.
- Solicit a subject expert and the project sponsor to approve project.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Degree Project Planning and Management (MTEC 7092) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
Bachelor of Technology Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Degree Project Planning and Management (MTEC 7092)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.