- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course presents an overview of various decision-making tools and methodologies. Performance indicators examined include: direct and indirect financial costs and benefits, and non-monetary costs and benefits. Emphasis is placed on full life cycle costing, assessment and energy analysis. This course may be eligible for students to receive funding through the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant at www.bcit.ca/financial-aid/strongerbc-future-skills-grant. Students register themselves into the course, then apply for the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant to cover payment, if eligible.
- 50% in CESA 5600
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Outline the methodology for structured decision-making that takes into account the three bottom lines: social, environmental and economic.
- Apply triple bottom line decision-making methodology in an energy management case study.
- Apply the concepts of the time value of money and Life Cycle Costing.
- Calculate interest, present and future values.
- Calculate payments, present and future values for annuities in budgeting and asset evaluation.
- Evaluate investment decisions using methods of payback and discounted cash flow such as net present value and internal rate of return.
- Outline the full range of environmental impacts assignable to products and services.
- Summarize the concepts of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and its associated ISO 14000 standard.
Effective as of Fall 2012
Decision Making (CESA 5700) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Decision Making (CESA 5700)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.