- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The Cybersecurity Operations course provides the fundamental knowledge and skills that are required for a Security Analyst to work in an enterprise's Security Operations Centre (SOC). The skills developed are those that are needed to monitor and detect as well as investigate, analyze and report on security events. The Cybersecurity Operations course will allow students develop knowledge and use tools to protect enterprise network systems, as well as detect existing cybersecurity risks, threats and vulnerabilities in those enterprise systems. Although there are no requirements for Cybersecurity Operations, it is strongly recommended that students have a background in Networking, Linux and Windows prior to taking the course.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe, compare and identify network concepts.
- Describe the fundamentals of the TCP/IP protocol.
- Describe network applications and some of the security challenges associated with these applications.
- Articulate basic cryptography principles.
- Identify endpoint attacks and interpret log data to identify events in Windows and Linux.
- Articulate fundamental cybersecurity operations principles.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities in a Security Operations Center.
- Provide examples technologies used in cybersecurity operations.
- Provide examples of the tools used in cybersecurity operations.
- Provide examples of the regulations and frameworks available for cybersecurity operations.
- Monitor enterprise systems.
- Detect vulnerabilities and threats in enterprise systems.
- Investigate, analyze and respond to security incidents.
Effective as of Winter 2019
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Cybersecurity Operations (CITX 1187)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.