Discover how searches, sources, statistics, and interview subjects can be a treasure trove of valuable material. Whether it's in business, journalism, education, or many other fields – it's critical to have reliable sources and contacts. But how do you find them, and more importantly keep them? Join former broadcast journalist and BCIT graduate Mike Killeen to discover how to develop contacts and sources and use their information in your field of interest. Guest speakers include BC's top investigators.
- 50% in XBST 1001
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe how to build a contact and source base
- Demonstrate how to use information obtained from sources
- Apply standards and principles on the usage of sourced information
- List examples when you shouldn't report sourced information
Effective as of Winter 2022
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Cultivating Sources (XBST 1002)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.