- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Introduces credit and collections to persons who contemplate employment in credit and collections or need to understand the credit function. Topics include determining credit risk, credit instruments and collateral security, types of consumer credit and credit cards, sources of consumer credit information, collections, credit department management.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of FMGT 1540 for the Winter 2024 term.
Mon Jan 08 - Mon Apr 08 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 10247
- Domestic fees $663.41International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 08 - Apr 08||Mon||18:30 - 21:45||Burnaby SE06 Rm. 205|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Class WILL NOT be held Monday, February 19th (Family Day) & Monday, April 1st (Easter Monday).
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will:
- Assess the purpose of credit, for both the users and providers of credit.
- Evaluate the history of credit, its impact on society, and future trends involving credit.
- Evaluate a company's credit and collections requirements and develop appropriate policies and procedures.
- Evaluate credit applications from both consumers and mercantile customers and make appropriate decisions regarding the applicant.
- Determine and implement the appropriate steps for successful collections.
- Assess the functioning and efficiency of a company's credit and collections departments.
Effective as of Winter 2015
Credit and Collections (FMGT 1540) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Financial Management (Finance Option)
- Financial Management (Professional Accounting Option)
- Financial Planning
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Credit and Collections (FMGT 1540)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.