With the rise in popularity of short form video content on the web, it is an exciting time to start creating web series content of your own. During this hands-on week-long workshop, you will get started on that journey - developing ideas; scripting, storyboarding and shooting a trailer or pilot episode on your smartphone or camera; and sketching out the story world and campaign ideas for its' release. Explore platforms for delivery, debate strategic rollout, navigate the festival market, and discuss sustainable funding models for continued production.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Develop an idea for a web series
- Film a teaser or pilot episode for a web series
- Strategize over web series marketing and roll out
- Explore case studies pertaining to sustainable funding models
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2019
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Creating and Marketing your Own Web Series (BCST 0108)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.